Blog Archive

Monday, January 9, 2012

crowdsourcing with galileo.

Galileo knew that Earth was not the center of the universe, but that idea didn't get a lot of "likes" or "+1's" if you will.  He also did something important with telescopes.

Crowdsourcing is letting anyone who wants to help you solve a problem you have.

That's about as much as I admittedly know about Galileo and crowdsourcing.  Take that Wikipedia!

As for the 17th century, I can't produce much information on that topic either without using a lifeline...  But I do know it has something to do with the Mayflower, William Shakespeare, and my good buddy Galileo Galilei.  I believe it represents a good chunk of the Renaissance as well.

Now that I've used a lifeline, I can also tell you that in the 17th century, the Long War was fought and torture was outlawed in England.  So that's nice.

1 comment:

  1. I’m really enjoying reading your blog. It is so cool to see a tiny part of your education this semester….Thanks goes to your BYU Professor :)

    ReplyDelete